My favorite neutral? Leopard. OK, so maybe you wouldn't want to wear them all at once, but I think every girl needs a leopard print belt, scarf, sweater, headband, clutch, top, and of course, a pair (or three) of leopard print shoes.
Well, obviously, we need leopard print Christmas cookies!
I made these cookies last year for a leopard-loving friend, but it was close to Christmas, and I never got a panduan or the cookie set up on the blog. I'm so happy to share them now, along with a tutorial on how to make the leopard print pattern with royal icing.
Oh, they also look really cute in a set with some reindeer ugly Christmas sweater cookies!
How to Make Leopard Print Decorated Christmas Cookies
Making a leopard print icing is actually so, so easy! You cannot mess it up! Just like making dots on cookies, remember these polka-dot Scottie cookies, you'll use what's called a wet-on-wet technique.
While I made these cookies in shades of brown, you can stay traditional or really go crazy with the leopard print colors.
- traditional: two shades of brown + black
- traditional: three shades of brown
- mix it up: three shades of blue
- mix it up: three shades of purple
- mix it up: two shades of brown and a pop of coral
- mix it up: two shades of pink + black
- mix it up: ivory base with two shades of green
To Make Leopard Print Cookies, you'll need:
- cut-out cookies (I used my perfect every time cut-out cookie recipe)
- royal icing, tinted in three shades of brown*
- piping bag
- icing coupler and #2 tip
- squeeze bottles